1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

truck stalls when using dump body

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by General Grounds, Apr 23, 2005.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: my chevy truck will stall when using the dump body. ive cleaned all connection, replaced battery and even had the brushes in the motor replaced. just wonderin if i could have missed something? i do think i may have a problem with the second battery (dual) set-up which may be the problem. but after that and maybe the alt. im lost any suggestions. thanks tony
  2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Mine did it too, turned out that the alt belt was slipping and the bat was just strong enough to keep the engine running under normal conditions, then when the electric pump drew power, none left for the coil.
  3. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

When you cleaned the connections, did you clean the ground? I know on mine I ended up running a ground cable back to the frame, where the ground terminal from the battery bolted up. Basically a direct ground to battery. This seemed to help a lot on battery draw.
  4. MastercutzLawnCareII

MastercutzLawnCareII LawnSite Member

Sounds like something is either crossing out or its got a bad spot in the cable and its touching metal causing it to ground out...