Truck Tints?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 02DURAMAX, Jan 7, 2009.

Do you have tints?

1. Yes!!

77 vote(s)
  2. No!!

11 vote(s)
  3. Yes and regret it!

2 vote(s)
  4. No, But Wish I did!

27 vote(s)
  1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Who on here has there Truck windows Tinted?

just wanting to know how many do and if you regret doing it.

I have 35% in the front and 2% in the rear and love it!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I used to have it on my old truck, but they really bust balls about it around here. Someday when I get a really nice truck that is a personal truck, I will probably do it again, though. I'm a glutton for punishment, but now I know more of the cops around me so I shouldn't have too many problems.
  3. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

i went to the store, to get 35% installed (legal in my state). but he was out. he said he will install 20% for the same price. so i took it.. its dark as hell at night, but during the summer months, its REALLY cooler inside.. so it was worth it..

so my vote, is yes
  4. Gold86

Gold86 LawnSite Member

I run 5% plus the factory twenties on the rear and back doors. Along with a layer of 5% and %30 on the front doors. I also have the front windshield tinted at %30, to be honest after doing this truck I will never own another personal vehicle without 5 on the sides and %30 on the windshield, maybe even %20 on if it was a nice car with bright headlights.
  5. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

5% on sides and rear with strip on front. I have to open the window to back up at night, but the privacy and the cooler interior temps are well worth it in the Florida heat. Any personal vehicle I own will have 5%. I have two work trucks that I need to get tinted and I'll probably keep those legal.
  6. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

we have strict tint laws around here
  7. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

I tint every vehicle I own. My current truck has 15% on back and rear sides, then 20% on the fronts.
  8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I cant stand driving vehicles without tint! Thats the first thing i do after i buy them is get em tinted.
  9. 02DURAMAX

Same Here!
  10. 02DURAMAX

The 5% over the 20% Looks NIce!