Truck tires

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmasterswilson, Mar 12, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

In need of some new tires. I'm driving a Chevy 2500 diesel ans run 285/75r16 I think. I've tried them all.... BFg, kuhmo, cooper, etc. I seem to get better life out of a tire with a little tread to them. So I get the a/t versions.

Anyone got any recommendations on tire brands and models. This is a truck used mainly for city driving and most always pulling a trailer with 1-2 mowers.

2. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

Firestone transforce a/t worked for me.

3. t.land

t.land LawnSite Member

hankook dynapro ATM, I have them in 325/65/18's and after 43k miles they still have plenty of life. 5-star rated on Discount Tire and come with a 50k mi warranty. Great traction everywhere

4. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

I run 2 sets of rims one for summer and one for winter. the winter ones run a mastercraft courser mt http://mastercrafttires.com/Tires/Light-Truck/Roadmaster-RM185.aspx
    the summer ones run a mastercraft courser ltr
    http://mastercrafttires.com/Tires/Light-Truck/Courser-LTR.aspx

i have to have a good mud tire for plowing but the good mud tires have a soft rubber to grip better and they wear fast. where as the all seasons still provide decent traction but wear much better on for the summer miles

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

any thoughts on the nitto terra grappler on 10 ply? that's what they guy gave me a price when i called.

6. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

I know that the Nitto Terras look cool. haha other than that all I know is that you pretty much get what you pay for in tires. BFG khumo firestone, nitto terra, all make a good tire.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

7. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I got a set of commercial coopers on the cummins. Rides smoooooth as a baby's butt.

8. Tripp

Tripp LawnSite Member

The Nitto Terra Graplers are a good all around tire except they do not wear that well and they carry no tread wear warranty. As mentioned above take a look at the Hankook ATm RF10 they wear well and carry a 50K tread wear warranty for the money they are tough to beat.

9. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I run michilins on my F350 now... Went through goodyears, Coopers, and falken before spending a little more and have not been happier..

10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Just switched to these from BFG Commercial T/A on our Dodge 3500 with Cummins, will see how they do.