Truck tool box

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jbannick18, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

Whats a good truck tool box for a ford ranger? I bought a Kobalt box at lowes but the damn thing opens up half way when locked. Any input, thanks

2. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

I only use the aluminum boxes, I stay away from the plastic stuff. I have several, UWS on my truck and trailer and DeeZee on my other trailer.

I haven't had a problem with any of them, nice sturdy units that I can stand on.

840A0165 (Custom).JPG

3. jbannick18

Ok thanks, yea this was aluminum but even the welding looked cheap. Gotta return it today. How much did you pay for the boxes?

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Weatherguard.

5. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

weatherguard is the best, but is expensive

6. jbannick18

Yea i just look at them and ouch :(

7. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

R & K make great tool boxes. It stands for rawson and koeing, I think.

8. jbannick18

Well i actually went back to lowes and asked if i could open one and see if it was just the one I had. This one actually locked so i picked it up. I can't complain for 150.

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

2 of the 3 pick ups have delta and they are cheap but serve their purpose...the new chevy might get a wetherguard i dont know yet

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Just to let you guys know that if you buy a new GM truck, you can get up to $500 in free accessories. This only applies if you are a legit business with a tax I.d. number(you must show proof, tax return, etc.). I used my $500 to buy a Adrien steel aluminum tool box, whih costs exactly $500. Best toolbox I have ever owned, would recommend them to anyone. So, if youare buying a new GM truck or did just recently you qualify.