Truck/Trailer Appearance

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by newguy123, Dec 21, 2012.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Is it that obvious?

2. dllawson

dllawson LawnSite Member

10 Especially in the neighborhoods you are targeting. Judge your trucks against every business in your area, not just other landscapers, and strive to have the best. They don't have to be new or expensive, just clean with an easy to read and professional logo.

3. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

shoot I got an old scratched up, paint faded, getting rusty, dodge cummins diesel and I do just fine. I also have a couple signs on my trailer with my company name and number. I know of only one successful lawn company (besides Scotts or TruGreen) around here that drives around in a Post-2005 truck, and hes got a brand new silverado. Everybody around here just drives their old beat up work trucks.

If it works good mechanically, I would say run it! But thats just my area, I reckon.

4. dllawson

dllawson LawnSite Member

I definitely don’t think you need a new truck to look professional. We had 8 or 9 trucks on the road when I sold my share of the business. My partner and I were driving the newest trucks in our fleet, and both of them were 10 years old with over 200,000 miles. They had plenty of dents and dings from being work trucks, but they looked professional.

5. dllawson

dllawson LawnSite Member

Maybe Chevy's just don't last that long?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Do most of you guys work in Valdosta? Lake Park is kinda small isn't it?

7. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have 17 customers in Valdosta and 15 in Lake Park. I don't know about everyone else. Its not that far from lake park to Valdosta. From the very southside of lake park to the very northside of Valdosta is like 20 miles. and yes lake park is very small, but there are a lot of houses, because there are a BUNCH of lakes.

Technically, the city limits of Lake park is only one square mile, but there are a couple unincorparated towns around lake park called twin lakes and dasher, and they are certainly bigger than lake park.

I see as many lawn guys in lake park as in Valdosta, though.

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of it has to do with the clientele you have, if your driving around multi million dollar homes you don't want to be in a beater truck, I don't care what anybody says it DOES make a difference.

9. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

I completely agree! :cool2:

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Bunch of newbies on here.
    Not every business LCO drives the cadillac of trucks why? We work them.
    Just keep you're truck clean and washed most rich people don't care what you drive to mow, but definitely care how you maintain their grounds ..

Many companies have nice equipment and trucks but their flaw is on the green ...