Truck/Trailer Appearance

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by newguy123, Dec 21, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

actually when I said I will live in the trailer when we get divorced she said she would take the trailer

2. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

This has to be a joke?

:laugh:

3. birddseedd

even if it turns out to be for only personal use I think it be nice

4. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

Perfect!! This seems to be what some people on here are looking for in a contractor but not me. Not making enough to run a proper business because you are lazy, not charging enough, or spending all your earnings on other things.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, that's not why his equipment looks like this. He's made a few poor decisions that haven't helped matters any but the root cause is not his own. He's gotten stuck living where the times and cost of living have far passed him by. He's moving into his mid 50's and long ago became stubborn and set in his ways. He is what his environment and days gone by have made him. There is very little that he can do now to change things.

He was very suited for the place that where he lives now used to be. It was a blue collar area with little old white haired widows spent their final years. He would do just what these type of people wanted. Houses were cheap and the cost of living was too.

But then about 15 years ago the area started shifting as the area was "found" by people with money and well being. The price of real estate quadrupled in just a few years and the market shifted. The new residents were looking for things that he is either unwilling or unable to provide. Then the Great Recession hit and that has just about put the last nail in his businesses coffin. It's on life support now, having lost many customers and his 2 biggest jobs, one just a few weeks ago.

6. yardguy29

yardguy29 LawnSite Member

since when do clients care whether someone they hire makes enough at there business to run it properly. since when do clients care if someone they hire is charging enough. since when do clients care where someone they are hiring spends there money.

7. birddseedd

no..... (to that phrase, not your post)

he should take some soap to that mower. that alone would help quite a bit.

8. birddseedd

I think part of it might be that (i dont know this guy or the story) is he failed to let the business expand. business that are not allowed to expand often go under. business that expand to quickly often go under

9. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

Not what I meant. They want a professional!! Not just someone that does great yard work but someone that handles themselves and there business like a professional. Let's say a door to door salesmen came by your house selling whatever. Pants around his ass, dirty looking, tattoos on there face, no teeth, and talking like they have no sense. Would you even think about handing them money let alone in your house??
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

It matters a lot less than a lot of you guys are willing to admit. Price is almost always the deciding factor. Reliability would be the next most important factor. This is why we pick up jobs in July.

Appearance? 5 tops. Just don't look like a complete hilljack. Speak clearly. Wear clean clothes. This is all common sense stuff, though.