Truck/Trailer Appearance

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by newguy123, Dec 21, 2012.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

Not even end of year to put away for winter
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

totaly agree it does not need to be new. it could be old, and we do have a older 90's model hydro scag. it runs fine but it does not look like a rust bucket. it was repainted 2 years ago.

we also have 2 hoa that have requirement of machines 2 years old or less. they dont check but they care that the equipment looks good and does not detract from there property

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Been in LCO since 1982 and this is the 1st time I have ever heard of this.

we also have 2 hoa that have requirement of machines 2 years old or less. they dont check but they care that the equipment looks good and does not detract from there property.

4. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

one of the hoa's is greenwich oaks.
    there rents are 4k for a 2 bedroom apartment.
    they do pay very well. were doing the signs for the front entrance in the next few months.

this is a link for the rent prices.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Connecticut/Greenwich/Greenwich-Oaks/46146/

our house prices are from 500k to 4mill. average household income is 200k according to the 2010 census.

these people are loaded and most work on wall st or are ceo of companies.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Does the same rule apply for snow removal?

6. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

no just for mowing equipment such as mowers and blowers.
    they never have checked the years of the equipment.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

nope, not even at the end of the year to put away for winter.

I use my blower to blow loose stuff and mite at most use like a broom for some stuck on stuff but that's it.

8. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

For sure our business has increased like crazy with the upgrades of our trucks, mowers & trailers. Personally I cannot picture having all the work we do running around with mini-vans(the vehicle I started with) or the 1982 Chevy(R.I.P. miss ya baby!)that once was our main vehicles.

Smart business owners know that "First Impressions" are EVERYTHING, do not fool yourself thinking that is does not.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I suppose you would have to put yourself in your customers shoes, looking out the window.[/QUOTE]

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

well I'm not saying I don't have nice stuff but I do anything special or extra to keep things clean. my truck and trailer are lucky if they see a wash a year and as I stated above my mowers never get washed as long as I own them.

I'm sure more than one person has seen me pull up to do an estimate with friends or family in the vehicle waiting while I do it.

I've been in business 6 years now. short I know but long if I were doing things wrong and going to fail at the business.

10. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

don't get me wrong. you don't need to wash a truck, trailer or equipment ever.

you don't ever need a truck or trailer. you could use a car and a push mower and would still get jobs. and i am sure you could fill up your weekly schedule for mow and go only, and you would not have to do extra services. you would make plenty of money. in certain area's.

it is not that you will lose jobs, because of looks.

they might notice your truck and just not call you, so you never know you lost the job.

the same thing goes with seo, and websites. we never know how much we lose because someone does not like or can't find our website. you will still do fine with a crap website or no website at all but it will help you.

in the end in my clean truck and trailer brings me only one extra job a year it is worth it.