Truck/Trailer Appearance

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by newguy123, Dec 21, 2012.

1. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to have to slow down a little when posting......I meant to say my truck was a '99....not an '09. And meant "were" not "where".

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Stan, that truck is a 99 as well, I bought it new and it served me well. Those are american raceing wheels, the tandem trailer wears them to match.(gonna have to change them now) I've always run a red truck/red trailer combo, sorta my MO. Here's the new lawnmobile, my 5th red F150.

fine pix 003.jpg

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

IMOP You just can't go wrong with a Ford, my dad had them, It's all I've owned and most likely will own.

4. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

10. Unless you are in your first couple of years.
    Look at big name companies in your area and take notice of how they carry themselves.
    OR ~ Does the cable company come rolling up in a rusty van?
    So you should ask yourself ~ How can I make my company look more professional? Brand your company name is one thing, but when you show up with a rusted out truck customers take notice.

5. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Good looking truck!
    I'm a Ford guy when it comes to trucks. I kept a 1970 F100 Ranger (blk/ grey int) for 23 years. I bought it in 1980 and restored it. I put all late model disc brakes, rack and pinion power steering, and FMX auto tranny, factory AC, nice custom interior, nice stereo, etc etc. It drove like a new truck and i ended up restoring it 2 more times. I ended up selling it it 2003 for 12,500... it was nice.
    Anyway, I'm with you on the Ford trucks...can't beat'em in my book!

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

What it all boils down to is price. If you have junk but the lawn looks good when u r done, the cheapest price gets the job. So bid your asses off boys and undercut the other guy by a dollar. As a rule, the bigger the house, the cheaper the customer. They are usually clueless when it comes to the value of physical work and would like you to work for nothing if you are foolish enough to do it. Go into a more modest neighborhood and you will find less flak about prices.

7. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting point...have you found this to be true through experience?

Thanks.

8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Every spring my mowers get cleaned up.
    My trailer which I hope to replace sometime this season, will have the wood floor and sides restained and the metal frame repainted Hunter green with a brush.

When you pull up to old or new clients you need to look good to create a favorable impression that your equipment is kept in good shape because it creates the impression that you and your equipment are dependable.

Also wax my Jeep as well.

9. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! That thing looks great! If u wanted to sell it, it would sell instantly.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

You must be one of those lowballing cut boys, no selling ability.