Truck & Trailer Graphics/advertising

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Well ive changed it around several times, looks etc. Its still not finished but i wanted to test out how it would look. Any digital prints seem very expensive compared to vinyl so any color blended stuff may just end up two or three color vinyl to match the truck.

Heres a few i did so far, il waiting for official local quotes from my print shop for the spring season!

Back of the truck wont have the "boxes" around the text. I hope they can match the "tan/gold" color to the two tone tan on the truck, if not id take metallic or reflective gold/tan too :dancing:

2. briancom

briancom LawnSite Member
    from 70458

I would consider listing services on rear door, truck graphics could be a little more brighter or bold they seem to blend into the truck too well (they do look good),
  3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

If i were you I would seek a professional designer. Go to and email them, tell them Mark sent you. They can name an AWESOME design for you
  4. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

the gvw shouldn't be 10,000 lbs or all you could legally carry is about 2-3 thousands pounds worth of trailer. you should register the truck for probably 20k...doesn't mean you'll need a cdl or dot numbers.

ah, DOT regulations:dizzy:

btw, i think the lettering looks classy on the truck and pretty good on the side of the trailer. I find the flip-flop color on the letters on the back of the trailer to be hard to read, though I don't know if they would be in real life.
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah not sure what i should put for the weight. I think my f350 is only "registered" commercially at 9900? I mean the truck is close to 8k empty, if i put 4k of weight in it AND am pulling my enclosed trailer full of equipment thats another 8-9k, trailer is a 12k trailer. so holds roughly 8k in equipment. The truck should show 20k+?

Id like the truck stuff to be a tan or gold metallic so its more apparent say in bright sunlight... the trailer stuff, it looks a little off after i rendered the images onto the trailer, but i may do away with the whole multicolor blended design just because of very expensive costs. thanks
  6. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

yes, the truck's registered gvw needs to show how much total weight the truck and trailer will be carrying. so as long as it's under 26,000lbs you'll be ok. 12k is a pretty stout trailer :eek: , i'm only pushing the 7k with my 18foot enclosed.

now, i'm unsure about the trailer being factory rated for over 10k in your state if you're required to have a cdl.

so technically, you could get an "over registered weight" ticket for just towing the trailer around town if the truck and empty trailer weigh 10,300lbs when the truck is registered at 9900lbs.

:dizzy: :dizzy:
  7. lrlawn

lrlawn LawnSite Member

The proposed graphics look fancy but in my experience you'd do better having green and black designs and lettering. I find green mixed with black lettering has a better customer response. For example, the trailer we just purchased has a green border (looks like grass) about 6" tall (height varies like grass) on the bottom of the back and both sides, black lettering and a green/black tree with a green divider (horizontal) midway on the trailer. Great comments, customers identify with and associate it with lawncare.

Also, even though it looks nice I wouldn't put a mower picture on the trailer. First, what if you end up changing mower brands in the future? Second, people draw infrences from the picture, in your case that you use only a big brute of a machine that side discharges (most won't think mulch) and some people don't want that on their lawn so they will never call, even though you may also have walk behinds, etc. Third, it cuts into the space in which to say what you do, you can make your services list bigger, and easier to read by spreading it out a bit, if you don't have the mower on the trailer.

Concentrate more on your logo/design. What do you want them to identify with and recognize? Your business? or the mower you (and a hundred other companies) drive?
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

I gotcha, well actually this Carmate Brand sells this trailer to NJ dealers with a gvw of 9999 or 9990 on its sticker.. but in other states its sold at 12,000. It has 235/75/16 tires in it, theyre much larger than your average 205 or 215 width race trailer tires in 15s. When i was looking at trailers, look underneath, some seemed very cheezy, this thing looked like a tank compared to some other brands... I know it wont hit 20k so thats good, ill have to check though.
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

thanks lrlawn, its good advice.. im not sure if ill really like changing it to green and black but im sure your right in the end. I may remove the picture anyhow just because of the cost of a digital print. I think ill end up with a 2-3 color text in the end. I have a company that can possibly create a "logo" out of my name that will help out with the company identification and all :)
  10. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

I see you bought your truck from cartec. how was your experience with those guys? just curious, i looked at a couple trucks there.