1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Truck / Trailer pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Wells, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Nissan Titan
    7'x16' Forest Green Trailer
    Gravely 34Z
    Lawnboys - Gold Series

2. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Truck and trailer, i like the look of the titan, but one questions, whats with all the 21" mowers, do you not have a need for a larger walkbehind mower?
  3. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Nice trailer. And mowers.

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree why not just buy a larger walkbehind, by the way nice trailer, and does the 34z give a nice cut and any stipes.
  5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Setup is awesome, but i dunno i jus kinda find it funny your so dam professional looking but whats with all the 21's buy like a 32 or 36 n a 52.....looks good anyways.

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking rig!

Love the mountains in the background. One of my older brothers lives in SLC. I was out there last August for his wedding. I love it there, far cry from Indiana. I met a girl at the wedding and told her to come visit me sometime and I would show her some awesome corn fields.
  7. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

There is one company here (that is the largest) and they ONLY have 21" push mowers. They run 6 crews. Each crew has 4 mowers. I believe a push mower gives an all round better cut than anything.
  8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

We do mostly residential lawns, and the 21's seem to be the ideal mower for the type of customers we service. I have the 34Z but don't find myself using it much. Maybe if the properties were larger I would find more use for a large wb but for now the 21's are ideal for my situation.
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wells, How are the wheels holding up on the Gold series? Did you ever replace them with steel ball bearing ones?

Just wondering why you didn't go with the Pro series. Bigger gas tank would be the other plus.
  10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

The oldest LB mower in the pic is about 4 yrs old and the newest one is a 2003 model. Haven't ever replaced a wheel on any of them.
    I have replaced a couple of clutch cables over the years because the fitting at the end would snap off, but thats about it. Tank capacity really hasn't been much of an issue either.
    They have been very reliable machines, i'll be sad to see the end of the two-strokes.