Truck trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Machine Mowing, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Member

i am a small solo operation, started off in my neighborhood and am beginning to pickup jobs in town. i would like to secure my trimmer in addition to maybe a shovel and rake in the bed of my truck. i remember a post months back where a member had laid 2x6's on their sides and cut notches for his trimmers to rest in. i like the idea just dont have a good way of securing it into my bed short of screwing it in or running 2x4's across the bed. are there pre made trimmer racks made for mounting in truck beds??

2. Green Machine Mowing

anyone have ideas for truck trimmer racks??

3. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Just use a trailer rack.

4. Green Machine Mowing

i would, however my big lawns are in my neighborhood. if im loading up im taking my 21" honda and trimmer(no need for a trailer), would a commercial WB and trailer be quicker, sure however i probably only have a few years left and dont want to get that far invested. However i really, really wish i bought a commercial, or semi-comercial walk behind opposed to my riding, residential johndeere:hammerhead:
    probly would have if i knew about this site back then

5. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

I use notched 2x4's with 2x2's angled upwards to hold 3 trimmers on one side of my truck... It wobbles a little but works great... It looks a little seedy, tho.. :waving: