Truck turn signals not working...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gogetter, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

My turn signals stopped working, all of them. The emergency flashers still work.
    I checked the fuse and it's good.

I guess my next step is to check each bulb? But if one bulb had burnt out, would all the rest stop working???
    Is there anything else I should look for first?

Thanks.

2. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes , there will be a relay, or the flasher relay usually under the dash, near the fuses. Turn on your 4 ways, and listen for the click'n, and follow till you see a round plastic relay, looks something like a pill bottle bottom, and is sometimes plugged into the fuse cluster, or hangs around the fuses. You should see 2 of them, one for the signals, the other for the 4 way. Switch them, the plastic relays to see if that is the problem, and replace. I would also suggest, upgrading to a electronic relay, and this will work better with trailers, will avoid the fast flash, when the trailer it connected. Hope this helps :waving:

3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of vehicle? year? Model?

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

It's a 1996 Ford F-250.

There is a big round metal thing (relay?) for the 4 ways. Other then that, just regular fuses. The 4 ways work fine.

The fuse for the turn signals is just a regular 15amp fuse which is fine.

5. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Check your trailer connection. I don't know what you have but we run a six way plug and some times I have similar problems. All I do is take a small flat screwdriver and slightly spread the prong tips on the male end so they make better contact.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I haven't had the trailer hooked up in well over a month, and this problem on the truck just started a couple days ago.

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

check the fuses under the hood also.

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

There is one other relay for the turn signals. Not sure where it is off hand, but will look it up later when I head to the shop

9. xcopterdoc

My books show it on the fuse panel.

Attached Files:

10. xcopterdoc

ooops!! Sorry! Lets try this!

Attached Files: