truck washing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by toadie, Jul 17, 2003.

1. toadie

toadie LawnSite Member
    from Florida

do you guys have a wash bay? if not where do you wash your truck/equiptment?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I use my own power washer in my driveway.

3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

are you talking about just a truck and mowers etc. Or a spray truck w/ sprayer in back and spreaders?

4. toadie

toadie LawnSite Member
    from Florida

spray truck......or pick up with a skid. you know if you get chemicals in the bed of the truck and need to wash it out or spray off your spreader and other equiptment that might have a residue of chemicals and/or dry fert on them.

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I was wondering the exact same thing. I bet alot just use the driveway.

6. toadie

toadie LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I bet your'e right KenH......thus the reason for lack of response.

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Im guilty as charged, but I find it ironic, the members who are the first to jump on someone for licenses, etc., are now probably sitting on their thumbs...:D :)

8. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a power washer and the shop parking lot.

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Guilty here also. Very rarely have any spillage on truck, try to wipe it all up, late night car wash.:rolleyes:

10. Meier

Meier LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

++++Im guilty as charged, but I find it ironic, the members who are the first to jump on someone for licenses, etc., are now probably sitting on their thumbs...++++

I agree. These "Why don't you read the label" types that post on the Fert/Pesticide board aren't exactly speaking up here.

What do you guys do with the material in your backpack if it's half full of, say, MSMA or Glyphosphate (Roundup) and you need to spray flea & tick on the next lawn and you only have one backpack sprayer?

I carry five backpack sprayers to avoid this sitution. But I haven't seen any other companies in my area carrying that many. Most only carry one. When I was with Chemlawn in '90 we only carried one back pack sprayer. Never made much sense to me. We were taught to pour the contents of the backpack into the 300 gal trunk mounted tank when this happened. Actually, I wouldn't say we were taught by the company to do this, but co-workers taught each other this trick. I don't remember the company ever telling us what to do in this situation.

Just curious how everyone would handle this situation.

Later,
    osu2winbig12