Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by suprman9019er, Feb 13, 2005.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

Would it be possible if i have 10+ accounts to just put the mower(36 wb) in my truck bed. Would this be efficient? Instead of a trailer.
  2. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

for sure, no screwing around hooking up and unhooking. Can park in a parking spot. will not block driveways. Just your gonna have to be careful of what you collect.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, it will work fine, but loading onto a trailer would be a lot easier/safer. But for now, I would just use the truck bed, and if things go well, you can always buy a trailer in the future.
  4. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

I started 12 years ago with a 32 Toro and 2X8 boards as ramps to load the machine. Use what you have to start and your equipment will progress with your business. I agree with procut, get a small trailer when you can. This will free up the truck bed for whatever.
  5. LawnSite Senior Member

Whether or not the second truck that handles the sport field lining and res accounts will use a trailer this year. There just is not enough room to park the truck and trailer on most accounts without blocking ppl's driveways.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Put the tailgate in the garage and build some type of fold down gate so it is easy and QUICK to load and it will work.
  7. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

You can load a 36" WB, a 21" trim mower and trimmer and blower with gas cans easily into an 8ft pickup. This works great too. Get 2 2X6X8' boards and a set of "Ramparts" metal ramp ends for the tailgate end and your gold. If you can park in a garage you got it made till you expand. The 36 mower will climb the 2X6's easily and when you unload. stand on the 2X6's and roll the 36" down them. Your weight will stablize the ramps until the mower gets on them. It will work fine for you. Hopefully you won't have to unload every night though.

8. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

thanks alot for the imput guys i think im just going to do that, ill go to home depot and make some ramps and just start out using my truck for this year or at least the start.
  9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i've worked full time out of the back of a pick up servicing 100 accounts a year.
    i now have bought a trailer, for PITA factor of unloading the walk behind in and out.

i had a 36" wb, (2) 21"s...and the rest. don't ask me how. most of the time there was no wb, just the 21"s ... and don't forget the thatcher.
  10. LawnSite Senior Member

What are some good suggestions for ramps that attach to the truck doing away with the tailgate? and would work well with mowers and wb's.