truckcraft steel dump insert

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Nov 27, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

does anyone have a truckcraft steel dump insert?is it the best one as far as quality for the money?i want to put it on my 95 chevy k2500.any added suspension needed?my dealer tells me it will cost $3200 with cab protector,side boards,roll out tarp,and installation.sound about right?any pics available?thanks for all the info!
  2. BMGLandscape

BMGLandscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

EZ dumper lifts more son 6000lbs at 51 degree dump angle 1999.95 for the dumper 2195.99 for the dumper and cab protector

i would get timbren load boosters for the rear they really helped my little f250 LD

im000152 (2).jpg
  3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

From what I have seen, I would look hard at the Maxidump line. The offer models with two hydro rams to lift up to 10,000 lb's. I believe they have as thick of walls, sides and beds as any other insert, and will likely surpass the others. I saw a comparison list that the manufacturer sent me comparing the maxi to an ez dump, and well.....there was no comparison.

I don't know alot about the truckcraft, but would think the aluminum would be the way to go for me.

Have fun

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I have really been wanting to purchase one of these units, but havent taken the plunge yet. I think I am going to go with easy dumper though. every price I have seen has been between 2000-2300 dollars. Sounds like it will be worth the money.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a quote from this post.

"I have a Truck Craft Aluminum/Stainless dumper weighs 400lbs. and has a payload of 5,000-6,000lbs site says 5,000 but unit says 6,000 on it. I have had 3 ton in it before no problem but try not to over do it. It is pricey but near maintenance free and saves on fuel because I put on 150 miles or so a day!"
  6. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

It's True! It's True!
  7. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

really an advantage of aluminum over steel?
  8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I know of a guy selling is Dodge Ram 1500 which has a easy dumper in it. $9,000.00 for whole thing.
  9. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

The ez dumper rusts out very fast
  10. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's my two cents:

I have an ez-dumper and I have had no experience with truckcraft, so my opinion may be a little biased.

First thing, about suspension. You shouldn't need to upgrade anything, but you could add timbrens, airsprings, another leaf, or overload springs. I have the same truck as you do. I personally have overload springs on my truck. I think they are a better alternative to adding leafs or helper springs because they don't kick in until a load is applied, so the ride is not harmed. I think airsprings would be the best way to go, but they are a expensive.

Now, for the dumper.

I think you'll be fine with whatever dump insert you decide on. But, here are some things to consider.

I think that the stainless/aluminum truckcraft is a great insert, but I can probably wear out one insert and buy a new one and it will still cost less than a stainless/alum dump. (I know you are looking at the steel unit, I am just telling you how I feel about the stainless ones.

My 9 year old steel ez-dumper is starting to get some rust, but as I stated before, I could probably replace it and it would still cost less than a stainless.

As far as load capacity, you shouldn't need more than 3 ton lift capacity. Most trucks don't have a payload of much over 5000 pounds. I can only put about 3,000 lbs in mine if you factor in dumper weight.

I guess i've rambled on long enough. Here is a pic of mine.