1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks with trailers but no Advertisement

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by goku770, Apr 11, 2014.

1. goku770

goku770 LawnSite Member

How when I go out, 80% of the trucks with trailers dont have a name or phone number on their truck or trailer? I would think most people would do this since it provides advertisement to everyone on the road. The only thing I can think of is people dont want them knowing where they live. If thats the case why not get a magentic sign or sign on the trailer?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Great question. Subscribing

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

mabee they are part time, or have all the work they want.. nothing wrong with that.

4. goku770

goku770 LawnSite Member

Well how do they get accounts in the first place with no phone number?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

All of my trucks and trailers don't have anything on them. All trucks and trailers are white and we keep them clean. We have more than enough work to where I've never needed to advertise on my vehicles. I'm very happy with what we have. We still get new people every year from referrals and or neighbors.

6. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i have my truck lettered and its never done much for me. I get all my accounts from people who look me up on google.

7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Some people like the the small company feel and don't like a truck rolling up with flashy signs and 3 mowers hitting the ground running.

8. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Some bigger accounts require lettering and I think if you need a DOT # you need them as well.

9. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Some of them might not be official and don't want to draw attention to their self.

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

If DOT laws apply to you then you need to have your business name and location on your truck.