1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks with trailers but no Advertisement

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by goku770, Apr 11, 2014.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Just because someone knows how to mow lawns doesn't mean he knows anything about marketing.

;)

2. Grasskeepers

Grasskeepers LawnSite Member
    from Alberta

I have no decals on my truck. Got to many calls for work I did not want to take. I market houses close to accounts I already have. Now most stops are doubles and up to 6 lawns on one stop.

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Their dad probably doesnt want vinyl letters on his truck and trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I had mine lettered but always got calls from the phone book or people looking for a job. did not get many calls for new customers. ...mine came from word of mouth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Reasons are IMO
    Not "official" ( improper or NO insurance) or business license (where necessary)
    No budget for signage.
    Resale value of equipment
    Township/city-local ordience prohibits commercial vehicles at residence.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, I got a few buddies who have been landscaping for 20 years and have never advertised or lettered a truck.

I didn't letter my trucks for the first few years and always had more then enough work to keep us busy, even now we run 2 mowing crews, have 4 trucks and only one of them are lettered, I have enough work to work 7 days a week all year long, and more work coming in daily.

I don't think it has anything to do with being legit, everyone has their own ideas on what works.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone have a legit reason NOT. To letter them? It cant cost you any business

8. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Very true. Lettering will bring you some business. I had 2 call this week because they saw one of my trucks working in a neighborhood.

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe they have enough business.

10. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Subscribed!!!!!!!!!!