1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Creative One, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Creative One

Creative One LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I was wondering if anyone here has or is currently leasing the Izuzu Landscape trucks...I have seen them before and they have either a regular or crew cab and different sizes of beds. Basically what I am looking for is if you like them and where would we go about getting them? Thanks.

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I took a very brief look at one of them - it had the short cab (not quite sure what to call it - a face like a pug, I guess).

GVW was 11,000, EW was 8,000. That was all I needed to hear. Next!

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We run UD's. Same concept as the Isuzu's, just a different name. There are a ton of different models out there. As Stonehenge stated they do make an 11k GVW truck. I would not even look at that. We have 18K GVW's and they are on of the best investments we have made. I would look into the "F" series. I believe they have 18K and up in GVW.

4. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

You need to call your nearest Isuzu or GMC dealer. You are probably thinking of the NPR series. and yes the Isuzu and GMC are the same truck. The ? is do you want an Isuzu or GMC logo. There are all different types. Some people call them Cab over trucks. There are enclosed types, landscape beds, etc. As far as leasing, I don't know your business structure. Hope this helps.

5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

They are very popular in our area. Guys are doing everything with them that you'd do with a regular 1-ton dump. Leafbox set-ups, plowing, sanding, mowing, mulch etc We have no experience with them yet but they're very popular out here.:blob4: