trucks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sparcolawn, Mar 3, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

is it possible to use a 1/2 ton truck for your business, including a trailor that holds two 50 inch mowers, and all the equiptment, and be able to plow a significant amount of driveways in the winter?

2. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it is possible to do everything with a 1/2 ton but its going to put a lot of strain on it. i have a 1/2 ton and i tow a 17 foot trailer it works great loaded. but iam now looking to get something bigger so that i can hall more cause the 1/2 ton is going to limit me to the equipment i want to hall.

3. I currently have a 1/2 ton V6 that hauls a 2 36's which puts a lot of strain on the motor and when I add the 48 the gas gauge really moves. I just bought a Ram 2500 w/cummins because I was making the same move as you to getting into plowing. I hope this is a good truck and with the power it has, you would never know the trailer was behind.

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Plowing will be very hard on that truck, i run f350's and they take a beating!!

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nothing wrong with that 1/2 at all.