Trudeau Landscape Co.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 1, 2008.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you make payments to yourself instead of to a finance company, you'll make money instead of pay money. Unless you really are in a bind and NEED something you don't have cash for, it's better to save for it and lump sum it. You can put money away in your bank account, just like making payments to a finance company. The only difference is that interest is paid to you instead of you paying interest to someone else. It will take less time to pay for the purchase if interest is compounded to your account instead of a finance company's account.

You can also drive a harder bargain if you pay cash. Salesmen can pull tricks to get a payment you like, but you might be making that payment for several years. If you have cash, you can get bottom dollar pricing. Even with 0% finance options, there are usually cash discounts because they have to figure in the market rate of return. There is no free money. Also, some 0% plans have early payoff penalties. Watch out for fine print.

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the insight. I agree and it makes sence.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I paid for my truck and all equipment outright. I have started build credit by a credit card which gets paid off in full each month. When I purchase a shop or a house I might finance but I donot like making payments or having any kind of debt no matter how little it is. JMO

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I kind of liked making payments, because I didn't have to pay it off and take a large chunk out of my savings, I just added my truck payment to my cash flow amount and just went from there, I did pay the rest of it off last month, so no more monthly payment. But I want a bigger truck now.

5. RedMax Man

Knocked out 9 residential cleanups today. 4 guys. 8 hours.

DSCF1984.jpg

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

6. RedMax Man

Thanks Joey for your hard work and getn along with me.:)

DSCF1994.jpg

7. RedMax Man

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

8. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! 9 resis in one day, that is impressive. I guess it does help working with another lco as long as you make sure everything is fair.

9. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

nice sign thats a lot of leaf cleanups you must have been hauling a$$

10. RedMax Man

Getn dark...

DSCF2009.jpg

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg