Trudeau Landscape Co.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Timothybuck13

Timothybuck13 LawnSite Member

hey I'm 17 and still in school. My business is doing well but I have't grow b/c of school. Do you have any suggestions?

2. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

You always have to be friendly to the nice single soccer mommies ;) I know my son has gotten many offers and i just drool and think back to the college days :laugh:

3. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

You'll learn that 24 hours in a day isn't enough time to get everything done there is to do. Make school your priority for now, there will be plenty of time to make money when you're out. Also build connections with others in your area so when you are short on time and need things done, others can help you out.

4. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

He must be saving you A LOT of time. I would just hate writing the check out every week for $300+.... Have you been able to add enough work so that you are netting similar money to what you were making as a solo op.?

5. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

what do you use for baging with the stander and how well do it work for larger yard like how many times you dump and how often? cuz im in the market for a new mower and im thinking of a toro grandstand but we bag 90% of are yard and some are 2 acer watered and fert. soo the baging is the hold up other wise i like the idea of a stander.

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you actually use all those things in the dump bed and all the rakes and hand tools on a daily basis?

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah i'll make sure he's not there when Rachel or Kelsy are around. He makes the funniest comments and statements when we're driving in the truck between jobs.
    Well if your thinking i'm growing very fast and outta control. I'm not. its been a slow process. The economy has kept things from taking off for many this year. do your best to secure what u have for work and build off that.
    yes he makes the job go faster. I had a kid working with me before him so this isn't my first time having an employee. I have add more account and work so having another guys is paying of and making it worth it while also being able to expand and stay dependable for my customer base.
    I use the Grass Gobbler. Its not fun for big properties but i dont bag all the time. the grass catching options for Stander's arent the best as far as quantity. Its nice have the Walker because it makes up for it.
    Yes anything in the dump i put in when we leave the shop in the morning so its thing we need for jobs during the day. the rakes and hand tools are used often too. i carry extra rakes because they do break when you arent expecting it.

8. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I honestly do not think that guy is guatamalan. I have guatamalans working for me and they are all short and very dark skinned. Ive never seen a guatamalan look like the one working for you. But hey who cares what nationality they are as long as they do good work.

9. Riley Lawn Service

Riley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

that is a nice ford truck does it have a V8 or V10 Triton?

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Says it has a V8