1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trudeau Landscape Co.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 1, 2008.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL didnt say they were the best. just said they pull well for their size.

its just because the co.'s truck is a diesel and has bigger balls
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I know it pulls my 5,000 lb. camper like it's nothing, as long as it's in 3rd.

Wait until he drives a D-Max, he'll want one, I've driven a powerjoke and a Duramax and Duramax is my choice of diesels.
  3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

its good on a power stroke. who really knows by far what its truly the all time best of the 3 big diesels. power stroke, duramax or cummins.
  4. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a 97 1500, with the little 305. That truck does a good job pulling my 16 foot trailer around, obviously nothing like my 6.5 or my other truck with a 350, but its not as much as pulling power with a truck as stopping in my opinion. Granted with a small motor and crappy gearing a truck will wear out faster, but for occasional tows a small 1500 pickup will be adequate enough. Any of my trucks will move what I need, but its stopping power thats my biggest concern.
  5. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

Btw Joel, I agree with Micah, the mini ex is the way to go for that job. I understand why you use a Bobcat if you already own one, save some money when ya can ya know, but if theres an option on whether to rent a skidsteer or a mini ex, choose the one that will do the best, cleanest job. Especially for that job, its not much of an area to clean up, a few yards of dirt can be spread easily with that machine. Trust me, I know, I've been around them for my entire life, I know what machine is used to do what.
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

No way would I drive an Isuzu diesel. My Mech that works at a local shop states that"s the motor they have the most problems with.

He state you can get some miles out of them, but once they hit 200,000 they go down hill, quickly. In cab-overs with lots of road time, that's not good.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  7. Craaaig

Craaaig LawnSite Member

Mini ex for sure on that job any way. Certifications are a good thing and I am definetely a supporter of continuing education but they only take you so far you have to get out that and just get experience also.
  8. joelbouch

joelbouch LawnSite Senior Member

ok listen ive done 4 shurb rip outs alardy and 2 with an asv and forks 2 with a mini ex and by fay the asv did a better job then the mini ex less work
  9. joelbouch

joelbouch LawnSite Senior Member

pics to prove what i did

10. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats funny because i know some tow truck drivers that say they almost never tow a cummins it is all powerstrokes that they tow!! Duramax gets towed very seldom.