1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trudeau Landscape Co.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you charge the leaf people for a fall clean up? Just curious about how you do your business.

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I know because i know someone who knows another person that does it and they were telling them all the stuff you hafta buy and how much it cost and it has to be replaced within a period of time. Its very involved too. But that person has no intention of quitting.

Yes i notice those pics aren't to good. I'll address the camera crew tomorrow.

3. RedMax Man

Sounds like fun but i don't have a mountain bike. I have a nice Specialized BMX dirt bike that havnt used in a few years. When i used to be a daredevil in the woods but it wouldn't fit mountain bike very well at all.
    No not until a majority of the leaves fall. I just used the catchers for now until it gets outta control and need to run the truckloaders, backpack blowers and walkbehind blowers. When that happens then its a fall cleanup and it cost more then a regular lawn cut. I add on to the cost of a reg. lawn cut if i spend more time than normal taking care of leaves without doing a complete fall cleanup.

4. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yea it is expensive and it can get you in quite a bit of trouble, but if it passes i guess its just a fine and nice stripes man!

5. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

The stander looks like it does a good job of picking up the leaves, I cannot get my walk behind to pick up many . they just keep blowing out of the front of the deck. I have changed the pitch with no luck. anyone have any ideas to possibly resolve this

6. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Probably because the deck is too high... Try setting it a bit lower

7. RedMax Man

Its so not worth the money and effort needed. Just a pure addiction.

Thanks.
    It does do a good job and doesnt start blowing out the front of the deck until the catcher is full.

Another thing they may help solve your problem is to lower the throttle a little so the blades aren't spinning so fast.

8. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

That makes sense . I cut at around 3 1/2 inchs . guess I can cut lower now that the heat is gone . Do you reccomend a certain height

9. RedMax Man

BTW you might have hijacked the thread a little off topic but it doesnt matter because you ended up making the 500th post:laugh:

10. RedMax Man

Don't go below 3".