1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trudeau Landscape Co.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 1, 2008.

1. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

love those internationals im thinking about doing the same thing as his current black truck
  2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

THat international i fregin sweet! Thats a nice sod job you did. I've never seen sod so level. Usually its all lumpy and out of wack.
  3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Veyr nice sod job, is there much to learn to do sod? I know you did a few small ones, but that was you first big one right?
  4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

what engine is in the 4100?
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty sure the 4100 and 4200 have the VT-365 which is the 6.0L. Same as the powerstroke.

Whats the GVW of the 4100? Nice truck, should be alot more useful then a comparable f550.
  6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah they're really nice all around.
    Thanks, took our time to make sure it was done as good as possible. I'm going to go over it with a lawn roller later and to enure the seems are snug and also over seed it so all the seems fill in and bond together. By next summer this property should look 10x better then it did this past summer.
    Thanks, basics are, prep the top soil, stagger the seems where each roll meets. makes sure there arn't any gaps, stamp or roll to help it bond. don't let the sod lay all day baking in the sun. needs to be laid and watered as soon as its delivered for best results.

Yes this is the largest sod job i've done so far.
    All i know is its a diesel. Will have to find out about the specifics and specs.
  7. RedMax Man

Yes on the 4100 it says VT365 on the door badge.

The other International is a 4300.

I don't know the GVW. It was just delivered today when i saw it. I stopped by to drop off some materials and it was there.

He also has a 2005 Ford F-350 6.0L Diesel p/u.

Picture of the F-350 and Haulmark Trailer...
    Only pics i have from winter...

8. Jayslawncare

Jayslawncare LawnSite Member

Hey how do you like your walker? I love to run them and they do a great job but everyone I talk to tells me to stay away due to high maintenance. By the way nice setup ya got, it looks like you like to keep your stuff as clean as I do.
  9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I see, Thanks for he tips
  10. RedMax Man

Overall its a good machine. I bought it used and its older so it doesn't quite perform as good as a brand new machine but the engine runs strong and all the feature work. its just show its age all around.

I wouldnt say that the maintenance is high, its the cost of parts that can often come with hefty price tags. These machines hold up well and are built well, they just got alot packed into them that makes them more involved to work on depending on the problem. There's so many grease fittings on these machines its crazy, they're everywhere. Can't beat the quality and performance of these mowers in many mowing conditions.