Trudeau Lawn Maintenance in MA.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RedMax Man, Sep 21, 2006.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey landscapers I'm 17 and own my own company also. I've always liked working outdoors doing yardwork and shoveling snow. In 2005 I started maintaining 4 lawns in my neighborhood. All I had was a 21" honda mower, craftsman trimmer, wheel barrow, wagon and some handtools. It took over an hour to mow some of the lawns at the time. That fall I bought my first piece of commercial equipment, a RedMax EBZ4800 backpack blower for fall cleanups. In the summer of 2006 I bought a used Toro 48" commercial walk Behind mower form another landscaper. Now I have 15 Clients that I provide lawn & landscape Maintenance services for. I only buy commercial equipment now, the other stuff doesn't last, the craftsman trimmer didn't last a season only doing a few lawns. This summer I hired my first helper. Almost all of my customers I have gotten by doing cold call and getting referals. I have a wagon outfited with racks to carry equipment around because I don't have a license yet only a learner's permit. This month I,m am getting a pickup truck. Now most properties only take 20 - 40 min. to Mow, Trim, & Blow instead of 1 -1.5 Hrs. Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

2. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey welcome new guy, I too am from MA. Medford to be exact. IVe been at this for 2+ years now and love it. I take Landscape Management at Minuteman Regional..........

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

how freakin old do you have to be to drive in MA? it was 14 here until like a year or two before i was old enough, then 15, which i think it still is.

4. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

16 with permit than wait 6 months than Licence, wait another 6 months till you can drive people

5. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

dude... I think you live right up the street from me? ive noticed it looks like you've recently taken off quite well.

6. S&M Lawn Care

S&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Redmax Man what do you all do in terms of advertising? I'm 17 also and have 14 accounts so far going into this mowing season. I sent out 1000 direct mailers so hopefully i can land 7-14 new accounts from that.

7. RedMax Man

Hey bud, Are the owner of Pro-Turf? Or do you work for them?

8. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

Work for proturf, work at Almos garden center, and do alot on the side.

9. RedMax Man

Not much right now . Word of mouth and referrals is my best advertising so far.
    I got biz. cards,passed out some flyers and done some cold calls.

10. RedMax Man

Yep i know who you are. Live an View right? When you get 10 posts PM me.
    We'll have to meet. ALways like knowing others in the area who have a passion for landscaping. How did you Know who i was? I drive that black Ford F-350 pickup and have a Fisher plow.