True floating deck on a walkbehind like Navigator

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by UrbanGreen, Feb 21, 2008.

1. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

Is Exmark going to come out with a walkbehind that has the same true floating deck as the Navigator does, just as the Walkers walkbehind?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

UrbanGreen,

Which of our walkbehinds are you comparing? The Turf Tracer HP and Turf Tracer have floating decks, that work similarly to the Navigator. The main difference is that the Navigator deck pivots where the deck meets the tractor. Is that what you are referring to?

KC

3. UrbanGreen

Yes. I run a navigator and turf tracers now and between the two types of decks i like the navigators deck system better. What I want to know is that the basic design of the navigator is the same as the walker design including the deck system. Walkers walkbehind mower has the same deck system as their riders and the navigator. You called it a pivoting deck. I personally like this system better than the floating deck that my turf tracers have. Just as Exmark designed a mower similar to the Walker's riding machine, are they also going to design a walkbehind with the same design as the Walker's walkbehind that has the pivoting deck?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

UrbanGreen,

I think we are on the same page now. What we are talking about is almost like a front mount walkbehind. To answer your question of if we are going to do something like this, No. We have no plans to introduce an all new walkbehind, but this may be something we'll look into.

KC

5. UrbanGreen

Thanks for the info