1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

True Green Hard Calls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, May 12, 2006.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

true green calls me seriously once every 2 weeks telling me that they once used to treat my home rersidence, which it's true the previous owner did have them

you think they would get the picture when they reach my voice mail and it says this is *** and *** lawn service.

i always tell them "if i wanted your service i would call you"....them "thank you good bye" click
  2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

They've knocked on my door numerous times with my truck in the driveway. Very persistant.
  3. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

They do this same thing to me. I finally told the guy that they suck, and that he's an idiot for coming to a house with a landscape truck and trailer sitting in the driveway.:)
  4. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

last summer, my sister was waiting for us to come home from shopping when a true green truck pulled up and my sister was approached, the guy asked her if she had a minute so he could review the lawn, she said i dont mind but if my brother comes home he's gonna kick your arssssss... CANT YOU SEE ALL THE LANDSCAPE TRUCKS AND TRAILERS IN THE YARD... she told me that the guy had nothing else to say and basically walked really fast down my drive... lol wow they do have big ones !!!
  5. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

they were canvasing a neighborhood I was cutting in the other day and stayed off the 2 I was cutting, very respectful.
  6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

they destroyed a client's yard. the people arounf here have no clue.
  7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

once i was offered a kick-back for getting them jobs-i said NO WAY! they have ruined countless lawns around here. crooks!
  8. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I would say that about half of my chemical customers have called me because Chemlawn didn't apply their products correctly. Then when they called to correct the situation, the weeds were still there. To top it off, they call every week to let them know that they will be by to start chemicals the following week. :hammerhead: They are burning bridges by this form of sales. If someone isn't happy with your service, sincerely apologize that they feel this way and walk away.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Whenever I rip a chemlawn acct. I have to warn the customer about them not taking no for an answer.
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

They call me all the time too.I have told them No I at least 10 times.