True Green starting early this year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazygator, Jan 28, 2003.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny, I just received a call from TG. Dude said I told him to call me this year, from something they left last year.....hahaha whatever.

I went ahead and (as my grandmother would say) read him his will, then click.

Starting really early trying to gather business this year. So I guess that goes to show you, never too early especially if THEY are calling around.

It pissed me off.....:angry:

2. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Even as far north as I am TGCL starts calling right after the first of the year. Normally, the first applications do not go on until late April at the earliest. Forces us to get our letters out by mid January.

A few years ago,, they were calling offering discounts to those that signed up before Jan 1.

Its amazing how they can produce a complete lawn analysis when there is two feet of snow on the ground. Of course this year we haven't had any snow, so I suppose they can do their analysis earliet than usual.

Doug
    Austreim Landscaping

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what marketing for poor service??

4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

We got a phone call and a mailer last week at my home.

5. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

True green does do poor work but advertising like that is what makes them a multi million dollar company.I know it is time consuming but if we all would do that just think of the extra cash we could get.After all this time of the year most of us arent that busy any how.Just somthing to think about.

6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, you know they have to start early. They have to try and replace all the people they pissed off last year due to theyre lousy work.:D

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

By LawnDog, "Hey, you know they have to start early. They have to try and replace all the people they pissed off last year due to theyre lousy work"

You call it "lousy" I call it #*%tty!

That is what effective marketing can do for you. Treat the customer and his lawn like crap and still make a zillion bucks a year. Sounds like some of us need to treat our customers a little worse to make some dough.

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, plus we call and call and call and stop and stop and stop and badger, badger, badger the customers until they let us service them. :dizzy:

9. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

I have explained politely to the phone solicitor about three times that I am in the business and don't need my lawn sprayed. After I got off the phone last night and thought a minute, maybe I screwed up. I should have told him I wanted a quote and the name of about a half dozen referances in the area.

10. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Now That is a really good idea Weedburner. LOL