1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

True slow release fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Impulse, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Impulse

Impulse LawnSite Member

Any recommendations for a true slow release that isn't dusty and has a sustained green color don't know what company can trust anymore for quality
  2. Jcl4slc

Jcl4slc LawnSite Senior Member

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I have also said I was going to send a sample of fert to a lab and see what it comes back as. I never do this year I had a truck load blended.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I get 8 weeks using UFLEXX & at least 12 weeks using UFLEXX. I add ammonium sulfate since my soils have a high ph.
  5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I kinda like XCU from Agrium. Clean, spreads nice, and several choices as to how long you want it to last. Not sure how often you do apps?? Agrium has never let me down, and they also sell what FdLawnMan uses.
  6. Impulse

Impulse LawnSite Member

7. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We us UMAXX as our summer slow release, in our liquid trucks we use X10 as an additive.

Both work extremely well
  8. ShaneW

ShaneW LawnSite Member

Lebanon's fertilizers with MESA do a great job of helping you maintain color, but dust can be a factor. Seems like the slight extra effort of occasionally cleaning off your impeller (especially in the summer months) would be a small price to pay for nice turf.

What have you been using that led to the dust complaints? Where in NY are you?
  9. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

We use 180 day Spread it & forget it on all our accounts!!!