"True" underground watering

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirt Boy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Found this today.
    Thought you all might find it funny. Not sure how it wound up like this.

sprinkler in the hole 1.jpg

sprinkler in the hole 2.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I went to one earlier this spring, that had about 5-7 RB 1804 heads buried 6"-12" below ground, still with the orange flush caps on them. The system is probably 5-8 years old.

Good find DB.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have seen a few like that. always shocks me to find that kinda of hack crap

4. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

About a month ago we found one similar. My question is how does it happen that an irrigation is head can get buried so deep?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

The Grade get's raised. The people who raised it didn't pay attention to the sprinkler system

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Regrading after installation always grates on me. "I'm going to extend the garden a bit" turns into a foot or so of fill dumped over existing heads and lines.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I was called to a site with a very wet area. Dug it up, and, sure enough, there was a PGP that still had the brass to pop-up, even though it was eight inches down. :dizzy:

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

IGNORED is prolly a better choice of words.
    They're not being paid to raise the heads. The owners are cutting costs and don't call their irrigator or mark head and valve placement before grading if they are doing the work themselves.
    Posted via Mobile Device