Truegreen are using A NEW BRAND

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Mar 8, 2006.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Well yesterday i was at my husqvarna dealer and they told me that Truegreen will now be switching to all husky products. I thought that was amazing seening how husky doesnt get much play from many LCO.

2. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

That's probably why they did it. They dropped their pants to get the exposure (no pun intended). It won't be a money maker for them but it will at least get them seen. Personally it's Yazoo/Kee's/Blue Bird/AYP equipment that's branded for them. They only truly make the 2-cycle stuff. I actually own a couple of their chainsaws and I like them. I can't see myself ever buying anything else of theirs though.

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Its probly because TruGreen Landcare is'nt doing so well and they need to save money. So insted of paying nearly $12,000 for an Exmark Lazer Z, they are going to pay more like $8,000.

4. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

Next year they'll be using craptsman.

5. LawnGuy73

LOL... Maybe, I know at one time they had about six divisions of Landcare with twenty+ crews here in Minnesota. A buddy of mine worked for them, now they are down to one and they only have two mowing crews.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I would love to se that die off realy making me sick seeing them going around slashing prices.

7. LawnGuy73

I hear ya. ;)

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

This could finish them with the clumps on the lawn in the morning:clapping:

9. poonero

poonero LawnSite Member
    from ny

if they have been using x-mark their used to waking up to clumps in the yard already.

10. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

I thought True-Green did not do residential (mowing)?? I know they have a land-care division but that was only for commercial.