TrueGreen at it again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barringtonbrothers, Jun 30, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Just thought I would share another trugreeen story with you guys. I got this account this spring. When I started the lawn was lush and green and thick, and could have been cut twice a week np. Then the home owner tell me, where using truegreen to fert our lawn now. Me to home owner (sigh under breath) "I dont really recommend them, as I have seen them screw up quite a few lawns, but that could have been isolated events, but I doubt it" A few weeks go buy and it looks worse and worse, enter today - I pull up and notice how crapy lawn looks, it looks like its the end of july and we havent had a rain since middle of june, but Im still cutting other lawns twice a week. and its raining about once a week. I mow it because some spots are still growing well, but thats a minority. I get done and he comes out and says "what do you think of my lawn, I just noticed how brown it was and true green just came the other day". I tell him well it looks like it needs water, but this isnt the first lawn I have seen truegreen screw up, I dont recomend them. "Yeah I wish I had known"says the owner. I dont know what to tell the guy, I care about peoples lawns more than they do as it reflects on me. I dont know if it is truegreen, but from what I have seen them do in the past and whats going on with this lawn, I really think their to blame. I just dont have the experience to fix it, or the ability as I dont spray. There are so many companies here in town that do only that, its not worth my time right now to invest into spraying. Oh well, I hope it works out for the best.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Follow your gut feeling..... follow your gut feeling...........

3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

dont worry BUT they will probably tell the people its your fault!

4. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

They will absolutely blame the guy cutting, unless it's the homeowner.

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

True, so very true...

7. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I know they will, but Im not worried. I will explain to the customer if that was the case why have I been cutting the same lawns for 5 years?, if it was me all my yards would look like that, I would just apply some common sense to moronic reasoning. The guy already thinks its true green so I really dont think it will be a problem. If the guy believes them, and doesnt believe me, then he will just need to find somebody else, there is nothing else I can do.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, happened to me many of times

9. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks AL, I needed the laugh. :D

10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

All the lawns done by TG/CL that I cut, look like sh!t, I have not had any complaints made directly at me.....yet. I have tried telling many of my customers to go to someone else, but most of them are stuck on TG/CL. We have a local company up here called SeaScapes who do a pretty good job at a reasonable price but because they are less known most of my customers won't give them a try.