TruGreen agrees to $500,000 fine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chrisby316, Mar 18, 2010.

1. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

2. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Nice, too bad they dont enforce the laws in Ma. There are plenty of unlicensed applicators out here, some working for large landscape companies. Yet they say that there is an enforcement department?? When are they going to earn their salary. :laugh:

3. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I don't really get into all the TruGreen bashing.. but one possitive about this, is... maybe they will raise their rates because of this a bit = More business for me.

Paying huge fines + having to do things right now costs more money for them, im sure! :)

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i think that is awesome, and if they did that at every branch i am sure a fine like that would occur at every one, which i would just laugh to the bank after they shut the doors.

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think that 500,000.00 is going to hurt this billion dollar company. They spend this a month in gasoline charges.

6. GREEN-UP

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

I met the Pres of Trugreen years ago. He told me they are a "marketing company, that happens to do lawn care." Meaning, they dont care what they do, just sell, sell, sell. Keep that article out there for everyone to see

7. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sure it does... Unless your Obama and money just falls from the sky...

8. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

I just put the link of the article on my Facebook acct... everyone should do the same!!!!!

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

good idea!!!!!

10. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Half the guys that spray are not licensed if you ask me and they get away with it every day.
    The same "Joe low balling non tax paying idiots" that slap a magnet on their truck and pull their home depot trailers with their bent shaft homelite weed wackers are also spraying pesticides and it just kills me every time i see one of them. I swear if i knew how to turn these dopes in i would and not think twice about it.
    Why should we law abiding tax paying business guys have to pay all the taxes and insurance that we do but they don't? Wouldn't it be nice if we could pocket all the money we made, how they don't get caught is beyond me!