TruGreen and Shindaiwa..

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by newz7151, Nov 13, 2005.

1. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Shindaiwa and TruGreen Join Forces
    Tualatin, Oregon (November 5, 2005) – Shindaiwa Inc. announced today it has entered into a “National Account Program and Agreement” with The TruGreen Companies, Memphis, TN. “Shindaiwa is pleased to be the preferred supplier for handheld power equipment to The TruGreen Companies, the world’s largest landscape maintenance organization,” stated Mike
    Nichols, Vice President, Marketing & Business Development for Shindaiwa.
    “TruGreen and Shindaiwa are mutually committed to performance and productivity, as well as product safety and user comfort. We plan to team up to develop product enhancements that benefit landscape professionals and Green Industry customers everywhere. Shindaiwa’s mission is
    to deliver complete customer satisfaction by building the highest quality, longest lasting equipment available. Shindaiwa’s quality-strategy translates into the lowest possible total cost of operation for TruGreen,” Nichols explained. The TruGreen Companies are one of several leading home and business brands that are a part of The ServiceMaster Company. ServiceMaster provides outsourcing services for residential and
    commercial customers through a network of over 5,500 company-owned and franchised service centers and business units operating under leading brands which include Terminix, TruGreen ChemLawn, TruGreen LandCare, ARS Service Express, Rescue Rooter, American Mechanical Services, ServiceMaster Clean, American Home Shield, AmeriSpec, Merry Maids, and Furniture Medic. As America's service brands for home and business, the core service capabilities of The ServiceMaster Company include lawn care and landscape maintenance, termite and pest control, plumbing, heating and air conditioning services, cleaning and disaster restoration, furniture repair,
    and home warranty. To learn more about ServiceMaster, please visit www.servicemaster.com. Rick Ascolese, President of TruGreen Landcare stated “Shindaiwa was awarded the contract as our preferred supplier for handheld equipment after an exhaustive and rigorous 6-month
    evaluation process, which included 90-day field trials in four diverse regions of the country. The equipment proved itself extraordinary under harsh and demanding professional use. Additionally, Shindaiwa met or exceeded our requirements in safety, ergonomics, emissions compliance, fuel
    efficiency, productivity, and performance. We are excited about this new long-term agreement and the much anticipated cooperation and product development opportunities.” A world leader in producing commercial-grade outdoor power equipment and environmentallyfriendly
    small engine technologies, Shindaiwa products are distributed exclusively through clean two-step distribution and independent servicing dealers. For more information, please contact
    Shindaiwa, Inc. Tualatin, Oregon (800) 521-7733. Or visit www.shindaiwa.com.

Get ready you guys.. might be alot of used Stihl and Echo stuff available for purchase pretty soon. Though I would caution you on it's condition from stuff that has been mentioned on LS about TGCL and how they handle things.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

In other words,...Shindaiwa got the lowest bid for selling them equipment.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

pretty much LOL

4. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

TG... Ha ha ha... I take contracts from them all the time... To big to care about it customers and thier needs and wants... :) I wouldn't buy any of their used stuff. I've seen em in action and know how they use/abuse the equuipment.:realmad:

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Old shin was on top epa was killed the power i guess they needed this.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I know when Stihl got the contract from echo....we stil had echo equipment, we were alowed to use it until it finally gave up the ghost. I imagine it will be the same with Shin....they have to buy shin as new equipment and not have to replace all of the current inventory.

So when TGLC gets rid of it, consider it toast...