Trugreen busted

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AztlanLC, Aug 10, 2003.

1. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just received my copy of consumers report and at the last page of the section of goofs, glitches and rip-off there's a picture from trugreen that consumers reports says it's has been computer generated.

I know you can actually turn a lawn from night to day, it's just hard to believe a so well know company would use this kind of tricks to atract customers, or maybe they don't know!

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

my uncle works in the marketing industry and you would not belive how much stuff is re-mastered...how do u think jeep gets there trucks to go over the stuff they do in the commercials....i do a lot of offroading and a stock jeep will not do the stuff they do in the commercials of the ads....its not a crime is just great advertising.

3. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I do agree, but having thousand of customers nationwide why do this kind of tricks? when you can actually make it happen for real.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Trugreen is a marketing company, not a lawncare company. They're all about making that telemarketing sale.

I rank them right up there with health spas and used car lots.

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

brucec32 hit the nail on the head...and that nail is named SERVICEMASTERS.

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got that flier from TG that was mentioned, I said the same thing to my wife, the lawn was obviously "computer painted"

IT WAS FLUORESCENT GREEN!

HAHA

7. CharlesF.

CharlesF. Banned

Trugreen does some of the best cutting around here. Fert apps. might not be great, but they get the job done.