TruGreen ChemLawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by yokes, Mar 31, 2005.

1. yokes

yokes LawnSite Member

Does anybody work for this company? I am considering applying. If so is it a good job and how about benefits and pay?

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

eew. I think just go for ur pesticide apps licence. You will make a lot more and reward yourself.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search on Trugreen Chemlawn, you will se what everyone thinks of them!!!!

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I just threw up a little.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Turfscape I'm LMAO :D

6. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Trugreen is one of the main reasons we started our own.....:D

My husband worked for them for about 3 years *3 very looong years* and was constantly frustrated with huge routes, with no time to do the job correctly, low pay, high expectations *I could go on and on*

Right before we started our company he considered going back to work for them but for $450.00 a week for a licensed applicator with 15 years of experience is a joke :laugh:

We are in our second year and he almost doubles that salary *on some weeks he does* with a lot less stops and far less hassles.

7. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Quite possibly the funniest reply I have ever seen on Lawnsite. I had a bad day today Turfscape, thank you for helping me keep things in perspective.

8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem. I wish all of my sarcasm was appreciated as much as this was. :)

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would suggest going into selling used cars or life insurance. Try to target the little old ladies, and rip them good. Take them for every dime you can get out of 'em. Do this, and you will sleep a little better than working for tru brown.

10. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If you have no experience, that is a route to consider. Let them train you. They'll give you a salary plus commission to learn to spray. My problem there in the early 90's was I had a conscience. Just tell yourself its a paycheck and roll with it. Just be sure to learn as much as you can.

I keep telling the young fella that cuts my grass he should spend two years there. Then start back to mowing and do full service. Be patient. I have been at this 17 years and still learn something new everyday.