TruGreen - ChemLawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Jan 27, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Anyone ever worked for TruGreen - ChemLawn? If so, what was your job description? What all did you do on the job? Also, I know they probably don't pay very much.....but how much did you get per hour? It seems like they have some pretty good benefits.

Thanks!

2. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

They do pay well. But that's about the only good thing that I can say about them.
    That's all I'm saying.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

:nono: It's not TruGreen-ChemLawn :nono:

It's TruBrown-DeadLawn.

Get it straight. :angry:

4. William J. L.

Good one !!!

5. William J. L.

6. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Job description for Chemlawn... See how many lawns you can ruin in a season.

7. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Haha....very good guys! I knew that was the response we would be getting. It's all good. Tru Green web complaints! Well, I thought about moving to a new area and joining their team while I got my new business going. Sounds like I would be better off buying a new Isuzu and living out of it before I went and tried to pay the apartment rent working for TruBrown-Dead Lawn as Albemarle Lawn put it.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I was a Manager @ TruGreen LandCare.....very sales oriented hi pressue, bennies are not that good., the only good thing was they paid for my move from one state to the next. I became a borderline alcaholic and i spent 50-60 hours working each week.

Oh, and when it rains, it means you get to work saturdays....

But other than that they're great

9. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

When I worked in lawncare in Iowa, they always seemed to be their own worst enemy. Neighbors would tell me some horror stories such as the handfull of fertilizer up the walkway as they were walk to the front door to hang the invoice, 2 minute service call, etc. The job assistance lady told me that they hire from the inmate release list put out by the couty jail!!! I have seen some that seem to be diligent about their job, but on the churn and burn that seems to be the company policy, it is a no win situation for the employee

10. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Again, how do they stay in business? I guess they must do some things right every now and then.