TruGreen in the red

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by phasthound, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Skipster

A decrease of 32 million in sales this year sure doesn't increase GOOD WILL. Company value is placed on Income potential. A failing or steady Income
    decrease because of poor sales and lack of repeat customers sure puts a hurt on GOOD WILL. I would say the accountant know what they are doing. I am sure they track and have charts that don't appear on the public P&L
    report.

2. Skipster

Skipster LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't say that the charge wasn't warranted. But, guys on this board were acting like they were out of money. I didn't get that from the documents online. What I saw was that they were still bringing in more money than they spent, but they were bringing in a LOT less than they wanted to.

But, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Post a link so we can see what you are seeing. I am sure some one on this board will be able to decipher it.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Here are a few sentences of data.
    http://markets.financialcontent.com...rviceMaster_Company_Reports_Preliminary_Third

Perhaps this "goodwill and trade name impairment" is a tax dodge to reduce their profit and use it to carry forward a loss to reduce future taxes.
    Notice their sales revenue was only down 3.2 percent.

They had a customer retention loss of about 14 percent. I looked at their data supplied with their Investor relations conference call of Nov 14.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=118856&eventID=4865864

Whoops duplicated part of above message.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

The one thing tgcl has is high paid lobbyists without them we would be doing something elae
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Else
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

They are also the reason why the EPA, then DOA in some states gets their knickers in a wad about lawn applications. C'mon, spraying when it is windy, spraying when it it is about to flood, excessive applications, and making applications that have a high risk of causing off target effects. If TGCL operated in my state, I can almost guarantee the DOA scrutinizing everyone who makes lawn and landscape applications right after running them out of town.

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

10. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

One more way for them to get in trouble. Violation of the existing state labor laws. :nono: Only way for them to get around that is their employees would all have to be considered management on salary.