TruGreen is now mowing?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smoothbore2004, Mar 24, 2011.

1. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Anybody heard of this? I was just informed that 28 of my corperate accounts have been underbid by TruGreen for lawncare and ground maintenance by $5. Now I know what there gonna do as far as subing out all the work and getting lowballers paradise but TruGreen really? Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later thats what Corperate America is turning to. Quantity and not quality.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

:dizzy::hammerhead::dizzy: Let the games begin....with tru green

3. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

They better not start that in my area. I'll be pissed.

4. smoothbore2004

from Indiana

Yep they submitted a blanket bid for over 138 stores across three states. I was barely making a profit on them as it was with all the gas I was using for the few I had to travel to. But guess we will see how well it works for them. Wonder how the insurance coverage works. Do the subs have to still carry the full amount? Any input on this?

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

They have maintained commercial accounts here for years. Do good work too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

wonder if they are hiring and how much do they pay?

7. cecilmac

cecilmac LawnSite Member
    from nj

Ya man tru green landcare is the 2nd largest landscape company in the us... Same company buy trugreen lawncare is for residental and tfu green landcare is commerical..
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. becpropertymaint.

becpropertymaint. LawnSite Senior Member

Im a sub for them in the pittsburgh and butler PA area as far as pay you bid the job like you would anyways and trugreen adds 7% on top of your bid. It works out really well. I still have a ton of work on my own but it is also nice having someone else doing a little leg work for you running down bids.

9. smoothbore2004

from Indiana

Yeah but its texas, the pick of next to free labor is alot more available than is here. Plus do you guys have grass in Texas. LOL Joking

10. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Wow! That's just great!