Trugreen truck for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CLS LLC, Mar 25, 2011.

1. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

2. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

It seems like every Isuzu that I see has that exact tear on the drivers seat. Looks like a decent deal, you just never know how a specific company, or even a specific branch maintains there vehicles. Some are meticulous and others know they cycle the vehicles so quickly that they don't care about maintenance.

3. CLS LLC

Yeah, in general though the isuzu's are good for 250,000 miles. So that one should have some life left in it. It does need some work. Obviously the pump/engine is missing and the electric motor for the reel is missing as well. But you could have a decent spray rig for under 10 grand. And best of all it should pull 20+ mpg.

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

20+ mpg, I might buy that for my daily driver, I'm sick of getting 10 mpg's lol

5. CLS LLC

Tell me about it. If it weren't for plowing I would definitely be using a cabover.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

What does using a cabover have to do with plowing? I have plowed in a cabover, it was actually easier as you could see the whole plow..

7. CLS LLC

I have considered it and I bet it is much easier to see and use. But I service primarily residentials and a cabover is just a little to big for me to be dealing with.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Gotcha, I have only ever plowed commercial sites (I drive for another company), I dont know how you guys do residential. Whole different ballgame, I plow my driveway with an F550 extra cab, you can imagine the how much I have to repair in the spring.....

9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

with the turning radious of a cab over I bet it would be pretty good in small driveways, especially the ones where you need to make a 90 degree turn in front of the garage. Small cabovers, I'm not talking about a 12 flatbed or box

10. CLS LLC

well a 12 foot body is about as small as it gets with a cabover and that's the problem. With the short wheel base and small turning radius it would seem like they would work fine. The problem is just the sheer size of the thing. It's taller, wider, and has a fair amount of tail swing, even with a short (12 foot) body.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not ideal. I'll take my single cab 3/4 ton over it for plowing driveways any day.