Try or Learn before I buy

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Turf Dawg, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I am very interested in the Pro Landscapes software but hated to spend the money without trying it out. Man I guess I got lucky, because the collage sent out some info to all the area landscapers about some new coarses. To my surprise one was computer design using Pro Landscapes. This is great. The class is one night a week and it cost 165.00 bucks. I get to not only learn how to use it, but also see if it is right for me. By the way this is in Gainesville Texas at NTCT.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

They have a satisfaction gauruntee.

3. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

TD, sounds like a great opportunity to try before you buy and to learn more than just buying and trying to figure it out on your own. Just realize that any software is only a drafting or presentation tool and will only reflect your talents and abilities. If you are accomplished with paper and pencil, Pro Landscape will make your work quicker and more consistent as well as adding 3D imaging which should increase your client closing rate substantially. When the client is able to see and understand what you are trying to accomplish for them, they will be much happier and willing to give you the go ahead to create the landscape you have designed.

Kirk

4. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Might even get luckier and htey might be able to buy the program cheaper. That was the case for me. But the program was Eagle Point.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Pro Landscape is awesome, it's not too complicated. Sure there are a lot of features you may not use all that often or ever, but overall the program is fairly simple to run. Way easier than digital music sequencing/producing software, that's for sure.