Try this...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to see how close you guys come to a bid that I am working on. Its a pretty nice yard the lady wants a 6-8 step fert program. The lawn is 10,000 feet completely flat 2 large oak trees out front with beds around them. No hills nice and flat. No big obsticles . The turf is thick but not up to my standards. Thinking of putting down
    1. Spring pre-m (feb)
    2. Spring pre-m , post emergent (april)
    3. Low nitrogen fert with iron for summer (june
    4. Low nitrogen fert with iron for summer (august)
    5. Aerate,seed,starter fert fall (sept-oct)
    6. Wintertizer slow release. (nov)
    And somewhere in there a grub control app. How much would you charge this lady per year broken into 12 payments on a contract.
    More about property- Non irrigate but she understands the need for water and does water on a normal basis. Just signed a maintenance contract with me last month so property will be mowed on a normal basis and otherwise taken care of on a normal basis. Let me know what you think guys its a Tall fescue yard with about 15% weeds but hey atleast the weeds are the same green color as the grass LOL;)

2. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Regular applications you have 5-$33 apiece, grub-$66 we are up to 231. Renovation(#5 below) app $33 aerate $66 seed +labor $100=$199. Running total$430. 35 mows @$35=$1225. Mow +apps=1665 divided by12=$137.92 ps better hury up with that feb app!

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

$65 for each fertilizer application. I would not do 12 invoices for these services, too much trouble and I would not finance her aeration and overseeding over 12 months. I bill at time of service for fert customers. As for the #5 services $240.00, total for all $565.00.

4. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Time to up my prices.:blob1:

5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you apply winterizer after turf growth has diminished, you can use urea and not waste money on slow release. N will go to roots and not shoots.

Mark

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Cost of living issues?

5 ferts @ $80.00 = $400.00
    1 aerate @ $15/M = $150.00
    1 non-power seed @ $3.00/M = $300.00
    1 Grub/Merit or Mach2 @ $9.50/M = $95.00

1 Entire season total guaranteed = $945.00

You guys out there to make friends or money? You could finance the 12 month season with a nonrefundable deposit of 25%. You could also offer a prepayment discount to entice cash flow.

Steve

7. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

If this customer was in my preffered zone of operation:

$1140 annually for mowing
    Includes 32 mowings, fall aeration and periodic winter visits.

$300 annually for seed and fert
    $35 x 7 apps including lime and starter fert.
    seed at $55

grub control billed seperately

All pro-rated @$120 per month, feels like a bargain during mowing season and just another bill during winter.

Roger

8. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

5 ferts @ $50 each
    1 "grub" @ $50
    ------------------------------
    $300

1 aeration & overseed w/ "organic based" seed-starter $250
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sub total $550

37 cuts a season @ $1480 rounded to $1500 a warm winter will up cuts to 40 something...

$1500+ $550
    ----------------------------------------

$2050 for turf

PLANTS and IRRIGATION is X-TRA!!!