1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to Break into the game

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by devilphrog, Oct 2, 2006.

1. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

Im going through the same thing only different. I just got out of the Marine Corp last month, I mowed before I joined the Marines for my father who continued while I was away and now I'm out and trying to pick up where I left off...lil late in the season to start but I had some money saved. I bought a Walker 31 hp with the GHS back in July for the picky/irrigated jobs and bought a Toro Z Master diesel yesterday because I was getting jobs that I didn't want to use the Walker on..point being don't spend a bunch of money on a machine that doesn't meet all of your needs. If you're considering a walk behind take a look at the Better Quick 36 @ www.betteroutdoorproducts.com they have package deals which is good for people just starting out. If 36 inch cut is too small I believe they're making a 42" or 44" next year. Good Luck buddy Semper Fi

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

where are the package deals are they there any more? i cant find them could you give me the link to it? thanks

3. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for serving. My bro is leaving in March for basic for the Marines, gonna make us all proud.
    Good luck man!
    James

4. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

You're absolutely right I was looking at them for the past 3 or 4 months and now they're not there, sorry about that. It may only be during the peak season I'm not sure. Anyway it included mower, trimmer, and blower, mulch kit, bagger....one kit included all that plus sprayer and spreader, another included all that plus a hedge trimmer..all Tanaka power equipment.

5. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Best wishes to your brother. Tell him we're all grateful, and proud of him!