1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trying to decide to buy a Hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RMCBRIDE, May 31, 2009.

RMCBRIDE LawnSite Member

Hi to all,

I am trying to decide to buy a 42" Hustler Mini Fastrack with a Honda 16 HP engine. The dealer quote me a price of $4595.00 plus tax which would make it $4916.65. I have heard that there are some problems with the Kolher engines. I will be mowing about two acres starting late this year and contuning into next year. I can finance thru Sheffield, but my dealer says they hold back 5% if you chose the 0% 36 months to pay. Will there be any more good financing deals later in the year? Help me decide!!!!

I also posted in the Homeowner forum. Sorry about the doble posting.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The finance companies hold back 2 to 5 % typically on the total invoice price, so this means your dealer doesn't get paid what you financed, most dealers make this known up front.
    I am not aware of any better financing coming anytime in the near future, typically the best programs are available in the spring / summer months.