1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trying to find a Pulverizer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bigandy, Aug 28, 2005.

1. bigandy

bigandy LawnSite Member

Im trying to find a good new or used pulverizer. Ive used a two roller bush hog pulverizer a lot and now im looking for my own. Ive found new prices topping out at $1800. Can anyone suggest a good brand or a reasonable price?
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Got a welder? They are pretty easy to make.
  3. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

go ahead and spend the extra money and buy a glencoe (harley rake) $7,000.00. I gave my pulverizor away about 6 months after buying mine, they are awesome.
  4. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yep, yep... harley rake is the only way to go. Sure, it's a bit more money but it cuts labor time by 75% and produces a much better seed bed to boot. Add a couple of remote valves to control tilt and rotation and you've got one mean grading machine.
  5. gregp

gregp LawnSite Member
    from North

A power rake is expensive but well worth it in my opinion. I have a t5 rake behind my tc24da tractor and would not trade it for any other kind of tool. I find that it does a real good job of finish clean up and an excellant job of leveling but does leave a few things that could be picked up by hand. I tell my clients that the rake will eliminate about 95% of the hand work but a little will still be left to do. So far that figure has been accurate. Most all of the work i have done has been just that, do the big stuff and the homeowner finishes the rest. Big money but worth it.
    Another thing i have found usefull to many people is the leveling aspect of the tool. I work on driveways and areas like that. No lawn but a good area to park or whatever. I can do a job that could not compare to a skid steer with just a bucket to level. ( for the average homeowner getting one from a rental yard). A very versatil tool.