1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to find Cascade wetting agent

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by littlrook, Aug 31, 2013.

1. littlrook

littlrook LawnSite Member

I have only had the luck of finding one website that will sale it to non commercial, and i am unable to get ahold of them. Does anyone know where i might be able to get some besides ATS?

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

3. pythons37

pythons37 LawnSite Member

You are looking for a surfactant. Any Shaklee Dealer sells it as an all purpose cleaner. I forget what they call it.

When I was a chemical hauler we used to deliver it by the tank load to a shampoo manufacturer. A very popular shampoo, too. It is just a wetting agent. Makes the water wetter and it will soak through thatch and into the ground better.

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

What's wrong with dish detergent? Before I got into the business, 4 oz/1000 of Dawn worked just as well as AquaGro or Cascade, or Neptune, and no need to go to golf vendors. As python said, it is nothing more than a detergent or surfactant.

5. littlrook

littlrook LawnSite Member

i have tried dish soap and while it does seem to help get the water in, it seems to dry out pretty quick. I was hoping that the cascade would help hold the moisture in the ground