1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trying to find mesh a tarp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I am having trouble finding a mesh tarp to cover my trailer with when it is full of debris. Anyone know where to get one.

I am talking about a tarp made out of the stuff they use on lawn chairs. Seen them in use, but no one seems to know where they come from.

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

check a truck website that is what they use to cover loads alot.... just an idea...
  3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a nice canvas tarp from Harbor Freight, much more durable than the mesh ones. If you don't want to spend that much, you can get the regular tarps at Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc.. The silver are the heaviest, blue the weakest.
  4. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

6. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Forestry Suppliers - they have a web site and have an excellent grommetted, heavy duty shade cloth that works VERY well as a tarp and doesn't cost a fortune.
  7. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

go to a hunting gear store and look for some stuff that they use to wrap around hunting blinds, its like a burlap camoflauge roll, and it comes it pretty big pieces. i'm not sure this will be practical with your application, but it might be. anyways, you'll have the pleasure of having your trailer blend in with the surroundings and will be near invisible...
  8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

9. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Tractor Supply has them.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Check you local wholesale nusery for landscape tarps. There are a nylon mesh tarp. Probably cost $75-$125 depending on the size you need. I use one for my leaf truck and it works great. They use them to cover trees and shrubs to prevent wind burn in the summer.