Trying To Get More Accounts Help!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Wright48, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

I need to get some more accounts for the upcoming season but money is tight and i need some ideas other than putting flyers on windshields any ideas ?????:confused:
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

use the accts that you have and offer them a discount for like say a month or so, if they refer you to some customers in their area, or just customers in general. This will cut down on windshield time for you. Also, if you dont have it already, get some signage on your trailer and truck.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Door to door in the places you already cut and offer discounts as mentioned above to your existing customers for referrals.
  4. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

Try Free online ads (for most areas). You'll get some BS replies, but you'll get a few good ones too. Setup a simple website to link to. It's always nice to have a form for customers to fill out for a quote.
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

so he should give away a few hundred dollars??? maybe ONE free cut. do an add in the paper, make a sign and stick it infront of a friends, your, customers house with your number on it. put an add in the paper too
  6. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think it would be a few hundred dollars loss. If he chooses to offer a 10% discount on a 35.00 lawn, thats only 3.50 discount per mowing times 4 is 14.00 less for the month. True, if he has more then 7 customers participate in this, then it would be a loss of greater then $100, but how much would he gain in new accts by doing so? And more importantly, how much would he save in advertising to acquire those customers. Placing an ad in the paper is always a good idea as well. Good thoughts.
  7. Xtreme Lawns by Roger Inc

Xtreme Lawns by Roger Inc LawnSite Member

When I first got started out I made a huge banner . set it up on the side of my 1 ton van found a good corner and parked and waved at people as they drove by . My wife and I made the banner and put a great deal for lawn service monthly. I think we put 100 bucks a month to start. cant remeber but I will say I made out like a bandit . once people called you upsell weeds and hedges , pressure washing if offered whatever you can think of people like to connect a face with who they do business with. GOOD LUCK
  8. the cleaner

the cleaner LawnSite Member

Your in FL and you can get $100 bucks a month to start :laugh: I was out trying to sell today and people thougt i was crazy at $60 bucks a month for cut, edge, and blow ?
  9. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I think if you go to areas where you already cut and just say "Hi, I'm Bob from ABC Lawncare. I service a few properties in the area and am looking to expand here. I can give you a deal because of the reduced costs associated with this. Would you be interested in my services?" If not, say "Do you mind taking a card in case you change your mind or want to mention my offer to a neighbour?" At the end of it all, be REALLY appreciative of them taking the time to hear you, even if the person has no chance of becoming a customer.
  10. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help i think im going to put an add in the paper and try to offer some type of discount for refurals.