trying to get more lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJ Lawncare, Apr 3, 2000.

1. TJ Lawncare

TJ Lawncare LawnSite Member

We are currently trying to expand mowing service. Does anyone have any suggestions. Flyers, Newspaper ads, etc...
  2. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

A professional looking flyer is working the best for me. Some from newspaper, now that everyone is starting to think about now that the grass is greening up. But real dissatisfied with the results in the paper.Good luck, Dan
  3. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

where are you putting your flyers?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  4. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

It's late in the year for commercial cold calling but you can't beat pounding the pavement with a handful of business cards.<br>This year we put an ad in the yellow pages for the first time and the response is overwhelming. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for fall to place your ad.<br>Good Luck.
  5. StarCity

StarCity LawnSite Member

On advice from this forum I put an ad in the service directory in the newspaper and I put out about 1000 flyers in selected areas. The flyers WORK! Just like everyone says. My flyers were 8.5X5.5 and were very proffesional looking with artwork and our logo all on bright green paper. Also on advice from you all I put a special coupon on the flyer for 4th mowing free and sign up by a certain date and recieve free power edging of your walks and drive (which we do anyway). The calls rolled in....mainly from the flyers. I am not a low-baller so I didn't get every bid I made but I went from zero clients to 15 solid residential accounts in less than 2 weeks. A note on the fliers: While i sat and watched TV I rolled them up and rubber banded them....then when we went out to place them we could really fly hooking them on door knobs porch lights or what ever and we had no worries about wind or falling to the ground and they looked like a little bright green tube haning there and I think really got peoplees attention. Also It definitely helps when you have help putting them out. My wife and 2 sons made quick work of it working two areas and both sides of the street at once. We now have all the work we want for now but are still getting calls so our price is going up!<p>
  6. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

can we get a look at your flyer?<br>we would be very greatful.<br>thanks
  7. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

yes i would also like to get a look at that fler if you dont mind
  8. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I too would like to see your flyer.
  9. DavidATL

DavidATL LawnSite Member

Ditto...I too would love to see your flier! Thanks
  10. StarCity

StarCity LawnSite Member

Here is a link where you can view a copy of my flyer. I created it in Microsoft Publisher, 2-up on 8.5 X 11. For a small fee I would be happy to insert your information, make any changes you would want and send you a crisp, clean master ready to photocopy. Just e-mail me at the below address. This flyer worked great for us, weeks later we still get occasional calls. If I would have put all of them out that I photocopied we would be swamped.<p><p>