1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trying to get some real estate and commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newleaflandscape, Oct 11, 2003.

1. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I have been trying to pick up some local accounts from commercial and resedential builders, and I have been trying to get my name out to all the local realtors to possibly get some work from them or their cusomters. I was thinking of sending out a flyer and business cards to them. I ordered Seans mailing templates, but none of them really fit me, and they were more for customers you already have. Plus we do both landscaping and lawn care, so I want emphasis on both. I was wondering if any of you had some sample flyers, or knew of any other sites that had them. Or what have you guys done to get these kind of accounts. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

I have replied to this question before.

I fell into this in two ways. I maintained a house that was to be let and the agent phoned me to ask me to make a good job "this week"as they were showing it to someone. We got talking and I now to Let Properties, For Sale Properties, Part Exchange Properties where they sell a house on behalf of a builder.

One of my larger sites (2acres) was sold as owners finding it too large in later years to a property developer, he knocks the old house down, builds a new one and keeps the gardens nice so it all comes together when the house is ready. We now do 5 houses 3 being built as well asc his and his mothers all are 1.5 M .

The agents tell me they get lots of LCO calling them and asking for work! They only go by reputation and a "fair" price, some people here charge a lot for 1 hit, I like to think I am in for the long haul, work all year, gardens in summer, fencing in winter, filling in ponds, you cannot let a prop here with a pond cause of the safety/insurance.

Work from agents currenty approx $1200 per month paid direct into the bank. Property developer huge, have to restore one garden over the winter (2acres).

Good luck with your flyers, try phoning the Letting Managers, getting in the back door somehow.
  3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I was talking with a realestate agent a couple of months ago about the same thing. He informed me that agents and builders have an open meeting every/every other week depending on schedules and the companies. They leave these open to the public to attend. He said to show up with about 4 dozen dognuts, flyers, and business cards. Told me that after a few of those meetings the builders and agents will become familiar with you and your business. Just stop by or call a couple realestate companies to get times and schedules. That's about the quickest way that I know of to get into that market.
  4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

pick up a real estate guide at your local grocery store, look in there and they usually have thier e-mail address in there, i put them all in a "buddy" list and when i send out newsletters, etc. i send it to them also
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi ffemt1271,

When you put them on your buddy list, do you chat with them online to build up a rapport or just email them?
  6. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

I've done the samething as ffemt1271. I picked up a shrub job and 2 account from e-mailing real estate brokers.I also fax my fliers to business around my area by doing this I've picked some accounts.